Creating or making jewelry designs of your own is easy and also gives more happiness. Nowadays people prefer trendy, Good looking, attractive, and beautiful pieces of jewelry to match their Outfits. Currently, Handmade silk thread Jewelry is trending and also People are more interested to learn the art of designing their own jewelry. Here are a few tools and materials which can be used to make your Own Handmade jewelry set.
The list of tools and materials used in Jewelry making:
- Head Pins (2 inch is a good size)
- Ear wires (Hooks or Lever Back)
- Beads (Use Crystals, Glass, Pearls, Seed Beads, or Stones)
- Spacer beads are optional
- Plastic Bangle (Bangle Base)
- silk thread rolls of different colors as per the requirement
- a small cardboard
- stone chain or ball chain for decoration and glue.
- Wire Cutter
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
Let’s know more about Materials and Tools used in jewellery making process:
- Headpins are one of the most frequently used in jewelry-making and a jewelry maker’s best pal! Basically, a headpin is a piece of wire with a “head” (stopper) at one end that stops beads from sliding off.
- Once beads are strung onto your head pin, use jewelry pliers to make either a simple loop or wrapped loop with the remaining length of wire. Headpins allow you to make your own beady charms to add to bracelets, necklaces, earrings, cell phone lariats, and just about anything else you want to adorn! Choose from several sizes and metals of these basic jewelry findings. Keep in mind that the larger the gauge number, the thinner the wire.
- 20-gauge (0.032″, 0.813mm) is Heavy
- 21-gauge (0.029″, 0.737mm) is Standard diameter
- 22-gauge (0.025″, 0.635mm) is Thin
- 24-gauge (0.020″, 0.508mm) is Extra Thin
Ear Wires (Hooks Or Liver back):
- An ear wire is a bow of wire used in handmade silk thread jewelry, looped to fasten an earring to a pierced ear. It is generally made of precious metal or hypoallergenic surgical steel.
- Ear wires are available commercially, as jewelry findings, but some jewelers make their own. Ear wires and similar forms can be made with simple wire wrap techniques Wire wrapped jewelry There are a variety of both commercial and homemade jigs to improve the uniformity and speed of creation. A simple homemade jig can be made with a block of wood and several nails, smooth metal pins, or bolts.
A bead is a small, decorative object used in jewelry making that is formed in a variety of shapes and sizes of a material such as stone, bone, shell, glass, plastic, wood, or pearl and with a small hole for threading or stringing. Beads range in size from under 1 millimeter (0.039 in) to over 1 centimeter (0.39 in) in diameter. A pair of beads made from Nassarius sea snail shells, approximately 100,000 years old, are thought to be the earliest known examples of jewelry. Beadwork is the art or craft of making things with beads. Beads can be woven together with specialized thread, strung onto thread or soft, flexible wire, or adhered to a surface (e.g. fabric, clay).
Arm ornaments that are in strong shape, normally some metal, without catches or terminations, are alluded to as bangles or bangle armlets. this is also considered as a bangle base in the process of jewelry making.
In today’s time, silk thread jewellery has become the trendiest part of the jewellery world. The best part is that all the essential jewellery items like earrings, bangles and necklace can be made using silk thread.
Stone chain or ball chain for decoration:
The stone chain is made up of base iron and crystal stone which gives a gorgeous look and attractive look to the handmade silk thread jewelry. Ball chain is also used for decorative purposes and available in different colors, the combination of both stone and ball chain together gives gorgeous look.
Wire cutters are commonly used to cut copper, brass, iron, aluminum, steel wire, and also for jewelry making. Some wire cutters have insulated handles which ensure that you will not get shocked by the wires you’re working with. Diagonal cutters have intersecting jaws that cut the wire at an angle, leaving a flat tip.
Chain nose pliers:
Chain nose pliers are a very versatile tool, most commonly used for gripping and manipulating wire, headpins, and eye pins, as well as opening and closing jump rings and earring wires. also very helpful in the jewelry making process
Round nose pliers:
Round nose pliers, often called rosary pliers in the jewelry trade, are a specialized type of pliers characterized by their jaws of approximately round cross-section, usually of smooth surface finish and diameter tapering toward the tips. Variations particularly favored by jewelers and bead smiths include one of the jaws flat rather than round (for making chain), jaws of differing diameters or non-tapered jaws which are used to make findings such as bails, jump rings and toggle clasps for wearable items.
Scissors are used for cutting various thin materials, such as paper, cardboard, metal foil, cloth, rope, and wire. A large variety of scissors and shears all exist for specialized purposes.
Hope this information helps you to make your own set of beautiful handmade jewelry.